Friday, June 11, 2010

E-Mealz - Week 2

First off I'd like to say I'm feeling a lot better and thanks for all the get well emails! I have a fantastic family who took care of everything for me, Rebecca in the morning, my in-laws in the afternoon, and my hubby in the evening! I got the rest I needed and though a bit weak, was ready to hop back to it. (Whatever it is.)

I took a quick trip to Wal-Mart and did my E-Mealz shopping and it went well. Except that my Wal-Mart does not carry couscous. I think it's too ethnic for this area. They also did not have any zucchini left and I had to go to 3 different stores before I found any. I guess there was either a huge demand for zucchini today or a massive shortage or both. I've found that the price listed on my E-Mealz list for each item is right on, except for produce which is higher in this area. Most states are close to one of the 3 hot climates that grow produce; West (California), South (Mexico), or  East (Florida). Here, Up North, though we're pretty far away from well...anywhere so our produce had to be trucked in from a longs way which seems to rise the price up. It doesn't affect the price too much though, they said it would be $76.20 for this week and my price was $79.26 but I didn't buy the couscous or pork rinds.

Ok so I promised photos! Now I'll post a pic of our dinner but I'm not going to tell you exactly what we had of course, I don't want to break any copyright laws, if you want the menu you'll have to purchase your own. I will tell you that the fish tonight was awesome! It had a crab mixture topping! I never in a million years would have thought to top fish with fish. (Is crab considered a fish? Oh well you get the idea.) It rocked though. Here's proof. (Ours is the Low Carb menu so each night is usually a meat and 2 veggies.)


The fish and two side dishes took me 25 minutes to prepare. And 0 minutes to plan out because it was already all done for me! :-P


SAVE TIME AND MONEY WITH E-MEALZ MEAL PLANS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails