Wednesday, September 1, 2010

What can you do with $1?

Why, buy a wardrobe of course! :-)

The local thrift stores and lots of the yard sales around here offer "Fill a bag for $1" and I LOVE them so much!

I can usually find clothes for the kids, sometimes really nice things but if not I'm still able to find lots of play clothes for them. I also see a lot of ladies buying the clothes to tear apart for quilts and other craft projects. I love when items that would otherwise be thrown away get re-used!

Here's what I was able to fit in one bag: jeans, tank top, casual shirt, flip flops, slacks, dressy shirt, dress, and heels. (If you wear jewelry you would have room to toss those in too, It's rare that I accessorize though. I like things simple. )

3 outfits. $1. 
(Toddler not included.) 


I will be removing those big white buttons from the dress though, yech.

So, if you ever see a place advertising $1 grab bags...run inside!!!!   :-)

1 comment:

  1. I love the white buttons!! And you look really skinny and sophisticated in that middle shot :) I went thrifting today as well.. 2 skirts and a top... LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails