Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Caveman Cafe: Sweet & Sour Pork w/ Cauliflower Rice

I love Tuesdays.
On Tuesday the sale papers come out!
Today pork, pineapple, and green peppers were on sale....so you know what that means!

Sweet and Sour Pork! (Can also be made with chicken, which I like even better but alas, chicken was not on sale this week.)

I also decided to try something I've been reading about on random Paleo blogs....making rice from a cauliflower! It was soooo easy! Just grate a cauliflower until it looks like rice and either steam or microwave it! I loved it! Rice really has no flavor and neither does cauliflower so it works perfect!

Jason cooked the meat while I did the veggies. I think he diced it, coated it in egg and coconut flour, and cooked it in a skillet. I made the rice and cooked pineapple, green pepper, green onion, carrots, and celery in the wok.

It's easy to make your own sweet and sour sauce (just google it), and I usually do, but tonight I had a jar of an all natural, locally bottled Vietnamese sauce! Boy howdy was it spicy! But I loved it! For some reason (old age perhaps?) I can eat spicy foods now. I have NEVER been able to, hated even most mild spiced foods but within the last month I adore the spice!

It was one of the best meals we've had recently and tasted just like it came right out of a restaurant!
My kitchen is a mess right now though...but it was so worth it. Well maybe I won't think that in a minute when I drag myself back in there to clean it up. haha



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails