Monday, August 30, 2010

Caveman Cafe: Paleo Taco Salad

Very, very easy!

I found some noodle squash, finally! (They didn't have it over in the UK so I've been without it for sooo long!) It's also called spaghetti squash and I love it. After you cook it, the insides turn into strands or noodles! It's awesome covered in marinara sauce and meatballs, which is what we had the other day for dinner. And we ended up with tons of leftover "noodles". While I was staring at them, pondering what to do with them....I thought, "Hey, it kinda looks like cheese too!"


I decided to add them to our paleo taco salad, but first I stirred in some nutritional yeast to give it more of a cheesy flavor. (Nutritional yeast has a strong flavor that is described as nutty, cheesy, or creamy, which makes it popular as an ingredient in cheese substitutes.)

I also made some cashew sour "cream"! It rocked!
Just blended some cashews and tiny bits of lemon juice, vinegar, and almond milk together. The kids loved it.

They both made our taco salad awesome. It would have been spectacular but I forgot to buy avocados.  :-(
I ADORE guacamole, worship it and would eat it non-stop if it was cheaper.
I always put it on my tacos!
But not today. I wanted to cry. I even thought about photoshopping some guacmole into my photo to make myself feel better.
Yes, I am that pathetic.

Anyway, lettuce, "cheese", taco meat, salsa, sour "cream", olives, tomatoes, and green onion!
But no avocados. :-(
So, just imagine they are there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails