Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July!

I'm so thankful to be in the US for Independence Day this year!The kids wore their USA shirts with pride!


Because last year we were in the UK walking all over Belfast, trying to find any semblance of home to help us celebrate. We finally did find a wee watermelon!

So this year was even more special because we did have hotdogs, (natural, nitrate free ones) and fireworks, and big, huge watermelons galore!And because I wanted to partake fully in the festivities...I didn't drag out my camera and take photos, sorry. :-P

We had a wonderful, relaxing, fun, and yummy holiday!

I always try to make a patriotic dessert, and this year I think I surpassed them all! I always use fruit, but in the past it would be a cake or a pie with fruit on the top to look like a flag. Well, this year I did not want to turn on the oven since we're in the middle of a MN "heat wave" and we don't have an AC....so I decided to make Flag Smoothies and Popsicles. Refreshing! The kids LOVED them! And of those I did take photos, because they are so awesome!

Aren't they cute? (Recipe and Photo How To coming soon!)


We also ran over to the in-laws so all the cousins could play together for a bit!

Happy 4th of July!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails